tisdag 23 april 2013

I´ve got stripes!


I fell in love with this beautiful but oh so simple striped veil the first time I saw it and have ever since been looking for a woven striped linen. And that is hard to find, I tell you! But this weekend me and the husband ran away on a little vacation of our own in London (yes, without kids!) for my birthday. The birthday was wonderfully spent with shopping in the textile district at Goldhawk Road. And there I found it, an orange striped rather thin linen. And dead cheap too. Now it will be carefully washed following Marias instructions (http://indemejarecristi.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/a-short-guide-washing-guide-for-linen-2/) and then hemmed. I think I just might make into one three metre long veil...or two 1,5 metre long ones. Either way it will give my rather slim closet some well needed variation.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I can't wait to see your veil. I love a little variation in veils. It keeps a wardrobe interesting. :-)

    SvaraRadera
  2. It sure does! Will try it out this weekend.

    SvaraRadera